For the perfect family camping trip with children or a baby, a 24 hour, non stop, action-packed adventure isn’t necessarily what you need. Our family-friendly campsite stands out much more due to the array of authentic, family-friendly leisure and nature activities for children and adults of every age.
Camping with children is an unforgettable experience for the whole family. Part of what makes a successful camping holiday for families and children is the variety of child-friendly entertainment opportunities indoors and outdoors as well as plenty of leisure activities for the whole family.
Our campsite boasts separate areas for those seeking peace & quiet and families with adventure-hungry children, so that guests can pursue their own interests without disturbing each other. We offer the following facilities on the campsite specifically for families, for unforgettable family moments on your camping holiday with children:
- Bathing fun for all in the river in summer (when low water levels)
- Plenty of space and freedom: 4 hectares of flower meadow at the heart of the campsite
- Children’s playground
- Multi-purpose sports field (volleyball, football etc.)
- Award-winning XXL pitches: there’s enough space in front of the caravan for ball games or boccia!
- In July and August the Salzburger Saalachtal Summer Card is included = daily free use of the cable cars and the outdoor swimming pool in Lofer, Lamprechts Cave, Vorderkaser- and Seisenberg gorges and public transport in the district, bus to Salzburg and AlmErlebnisBus. Plus discounts at numerous attractions (note validity period).
- Family cycling routes for all types of bike, from trikes to mountain bikes
- The peak of happiness: hiking & exploring mountains in the region (we are happy to advise on family hiking and adventure trails)
We don’t offer a 24/7 animation programme onsite – we see it as our job to connect you to the surrounding area and all it has to offer in terms of sports and leisure activities. Entertainment activities we recommend:
- Close-to-nature children’s entertainment programme in July and August (free 2 × per week)
The programme is organised in partnership with the Saalachtal tourism office and two activities per child per week are free of charge. These are not always on site, we visit for example the Lamprecht’s Cave, climbing walls, or we go and do archery.
- Free white water rafting taster sessions in July und August
- Guided hikes, weekly in June and September. Guided hikes are free and organised by Family Stainer.
Families with small children or babies always feel at home in our camping huts for 2 to 4 people. While the bigger ones seek adventure and enjoy sleeping in tents, our camping huts offer families with smaller children the security and comfort of solid, dry shelter with enough storage room for everything you need to bring along, as well as a small, convenient kitchenette where you can quickly and easily heat up some milk or make a warm meal. So you can enjoy a pleasant, relaxing camping holiday as a new parent.